Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's A Lovely Pour

Isn't it lovely?  This is the result of a pouring of paint that had a mind of its own.  I have fallen in love with the technique and have found the process to be very satisfying as long as I stay focused on the paint doing the work.   I began by choosing three of my favorite colors,  (these change occasionally) . I mix paint and water in a small cup or lid, when this is the right strength, I must remember that I am using lots of water, so the paint needs to be stronger.  I mix each color.  Sometimes I have an image in mind, other times I just pour paint,

This is one that I just started the pour. Wetting the paper completely, just before it loses its gloss I begin the pouring.  Yellow, then Red and last the Blue. After it dries  I can pour again if I need more  density.
The image of the flower just jumped out.  It doesn't always happen that way. When the painting is dry and can determined the image I then began to negative paint around the flower and make my image more believable.
This process is a nice way to stay loose and not be to stressed in the creation of the work.
The best way  to explore  new process is to ask your self "what if".   Love this and have more experiments to share, but that is for tomorrow or another day.
Be Creative, and Be Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment