Saturday, March 3, 2012

Vase and Grapes

This is a favorite still life of mine.  I enjoyed the  process very much and all the different textures.  I especially  enjoyed doing the glass and purple is a favorite color of mine.  The white /yellow of the grapes for contrast and the leaf color.  The doily was a crochet piece and the fun of this was just to paint the holes.  There is little to no color in the background,  I have found that in still life sometimes backgrounds seem to make the painting a bit  busy and the subject is lost.  I did however mingle and dribble the paint in the foreground to suggest a table.   I find that to make the subject most interesting, there should be less detail in the surrounding area of the art work.  Experiment with shapes, sizes, textures and color.  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lois - I found you! Good for you for starting a blog!

    ReplyDelete